We employ an individualized style of medicine that approaches chronic medical conditions with an emphasis on finding the core imbalances or underlying causes rather than just treating the symptoms.
The conditions treated are not limited to these, as the scope of medicine is broad, but these are some of the most common conditions seen and treated by our care team at Advanced Metabolic & Functional Medicine:
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Celiac Disease
- Chronic fatigue
- Depression & Anxiety
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Sleep Issues/Insomnia
- Thyroid & Adrenal Disorders
- Weight & Metabolism
- Digestive Disorders (IBD, UC, Chron’s Disease, GERD, Reflux)
- Female Disorders (Menopause, PCOS)
- Food & Environmental Allergies/Sensitivities
- Headaches & Migraines
- High Blood Pressure/Cholesterol
- Female Disorders (Menopause, PCOS)
- Hormone Imbalance
- Mercury & Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Metabolic Syndrome
At Advanced Metabolic & Functional Medicine, you’ll be partnering with a world-class care team of physicians, health coaches, & nutritionists to ensure an effective transformation toward functional health.
As such, our Functional Medicine approach under the guidance of Dr. Kenneth Storch is based on the following:
- Metabolic processes of each individual should be understood at the cellular level; knowing how each person’s genes and environment interact to create their unique biochemical phenotype
- Functional Medicine treatment seeks to influence biochemical pathways “upstream” and prevent overproduction of damaging end products such as inflammation
- Using a broad range of interventions to achieve optimal health including diet, nutrition, exercise and movement; stress management; sleep and rest; nutraceutical and pharmaceutical supplementation
- Using a structured process such as a “Timeline” to uncover significant life events of each patient’s history to gain a better understanding of who they are as an individual. This approach ensures that the patient is heard, nurtures a therapeutic relationship and collaboration between the patient and the physician
- Functional Medicine uses systems biology to identify how core imbalances in a specific organ or system can manifest in other parts of your body.
- Functional Medicine practitioners work with the patient to find the most appropriate and acceptable treatment plan to correct, balance, and optimize the fundamental underlying issues in the realms of mind, body, and spirit.
How It Works
We provide episodes of care over the course of 3-9 months depending on the severity of your situation. Most of our patients experience significant improvements to their wellness within a few weeks of starting to work with our care team.
Functional Medicine Consultation
In-depth 90-minute intake visit with your doctor
A series of 30- to 60-minute follow up visits over the course of 3-6 months, in addition to scheduled coaching sessions with our Functional Medicine, Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching staff
Community & Support
Email contact with clinical staff for quick conversations, plus group education on lifestyle modifications, educational website blog & social media groups
Wonder If Advanced Metabolic & Functional Medicine Center Is Right For You?
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our patient care coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not Advanced Metabolic & Functional Medicine Center is right for you.
Hear From Our Clients
“I had not seen a doctor in nearly 10 years before scheduling my appointment with Dr. Storch. I was looking to find a doctor that goes beyond the rudimentary tests and find someone that really looks “under the hood” to see how your body is really functioning and optimize your health. I found that in Dr. Storch. A very smart man with a wealth of knowledge that I could not recommend highly enough.”
“Amazing doctor!!! I find Dr Storch to be very professional, knowledgeable, and, most importantly, treats each patient as a unique case. He is always available, listens to your concerns, & produces results. Besides him, the office staff is great. They are very informative and efficient. It is a great medical practice and I highly recommend him to anyone.”
Take The First Step Today On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our patient care coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not AMFM Center is right for you.