Frequently Asked Questions
Scheduling & Visits
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
Scheduling & Cancellations
There is a 72-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with the Advanced Metabolic & Functional Medicine Center, including physician visits and health coaching. Failure to provide 72-hours notice will result in missed appointment fee as outlined in our Financial Policy.
Consultation Deposit: Due to the high volume of patients seeking appointments with Dr. Storch, a non-refundable appointment deposit will be required to secure a Functional Medicine consultation. If more than 30 days notice is given, the staff may use discretion in applying the deposit to an alternative date.
Billing & Insurance
We Are Not A Conventional Primary Care Physician
For many of our patients, we can take the place of a primary care physician. Through the Functional Medicine approach, patients may find the need for regular medication to decrease, or that chronic conditions may resolve, however, it is still recommended to have a primary care physician. Due to the specialized level of care we strive to provide, we may not be able to take care of acute requests. For example, prescribing an antibiotic for a minor infection such as a sinus infection.
It is important to also note the following:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. We are not available for same-day emergency appointments.
3. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
Non-AMFM medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
AMFM will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We also cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by the AMFM Center will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be notified and charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through AMFM.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with AMFM and may include blood, saliva, urine, or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your AMFM physician.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover routine labs done by major national laboratories.
Take The First Step Today On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our patient care coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not AMFM Center is right for you.